Manuel L Dobrinsky
Founding Partner • Miami, Florida • (305) 371-2692
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
J.D. – 1988
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York
B.A. – 1985
- Florida, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2006
HONORS & AWARDS
- Most Effective South Florida Attorney by Daily Business Review in the Area of Class Action Litigation, 2010
- Most Effective South Florida Attorney by Daily Business Review in the Area of Medical Malpractice, 2009
- Super Lawyers, 2006-2020
- Top 100 Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014 – 2016
- Top 100 Miami Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011 – 2016
- 2014 South Florida’s Top AV Rated Lawyers
- South Florida Legal Guide 2001 – 2015, Top Lawyer, 2001 – 2007
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation, 2009 – 2015, 2019 – 2020
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice Law, 2019 – 2020
- Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability Litigation, 2019 – 2020
- Florida Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine, 2006, 2008-2014, 2019
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite – 2% of Attorneys in Florida
- Avvo rating of 10 – Superb!
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 2019 – 2020
Since 1998, Manuel L. Dobrinsky has assisted hundreds of clients in personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice and auto accident matters. Manuel has achieved numerous verdicts and settlements that individually exceeded a million dollars. On two occasions, Manuel was named “Most Effective Lawyer in South Florida” (medical malpractice and class action litigation) by the “Daily Business Review.”
Manuel began his legal career as an associate with Holland & Knight in Miami, where he specialized in commercial litigation and white collar criminal defense. He also worked on significant civil rights matters such as the widely known Rosewood v. State of Florida case and on one of the largest housing discrimination cases in the nation.
In 1994, Manuel was appointed as an Assistant Federal Public Defender where he represented clients in federal criminal litigation and appellate work entailing white collar, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization (RICO) and conspiracy cases. In that capacity, he tried more than thirty cases to verdict and handled numerous evidentiary hearings.
Manuel Dobrinsky is a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney. He is included in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and is consistently recognized in the annual Best Lawyers in America, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Trend’s Legal Elite and the South Florida Legal Guide as one of Florida’s top personal injury attorneys. He is also a member of ABOTA.
Manuel is fluent in Spanish, serves as an instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy and has lectured and written articles on various legal topics.
He was the Past President of the Miami-Dade Justice Association and has served on the Board of Directors of the Florida Justice Association. Manuel also served on the Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admissions, Peer Review and Attorney Grievance for the Southern District of Florida. Presently, he is the Board President of Legal Services of Greater Miami and serves on the Professionalism panel for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit.
As a testament to his stellar reputation in the legal community, Manuel has been selected as one of the top 100 Florida Super Lawyers for 2014 – 2016 by Super Lawyers Magazine. He has been selected to Super Lawyers every year since 2006.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, President
- Miami-Dade Justice Association, Past President
- American Inns of Court, Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, Bench and Bar Committee
- Instructor, Litigation, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Instructor, Trial Skills, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Instructor, Proving Damages in a Personal Injury Case, National Business Institute
- Lecturer, Demonstrating the Admissibility of Subsequent Remedial Measures, Florida Justice Association, Workhorse Seminar, 2005
- The Estate of Lidia Giangrandi, by and through Lili Carissa Giangrandi as Personal Representative of the Estate v. 50 State Security Services, Inc. (2011)
- Rosewood v. State of Florida (1994)
- Givens v. Hamlet (1993)