Manuel L. Dobrinsky
Founding Partner • Miami, Florida • (305) 371-2692
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
J.D. – 1988
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York
B.A. – 1985
- Florida, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2006
HONORS & AWARDS
- Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year,” Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiffs, Miami, Florida, 2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2009-2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiffs, 2009-2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2009-2023
- South Florida Business & Wealth Legal Awards, Lifetime Achievement Honoree, 2021
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney, 2006-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Top 100: Florida Super Lawyers, 2014, 2016
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Top 100: Miami Super Lawyers, 2011-2018, 2022
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2001-2021
- Florida Trend Magazine, Florida Legal Elite™, 2006, 2008-2014, 2019-2020
- South Florida’s Top AV Rated Lawyers, 2014
- Most Effective Lawyer, Class Action Litigation, Daily Business Review, 2010
- Most Effective Lawyer, Medical Malpractice, Daily Business Review, 2009
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Avvo rating of 10 – Superb!
Since 1998, Manuel L. Dobrinsky has assisted hundreds of clients in personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and auto accident matters. Manuel has achieved numerous verdicts and settlements that individually exceeded a million dollars. On two occasions, Manuel was named “Most Effective Lawyer in South Florida” (medical malpractice and class action litigation) by the “Daily Business Review.”
Manuel began his legal career as an associate with Holland & Knight in Miami, where he specialized in commercial litigation and white-collar criminal defense. He also worked on significant civil rights matters such as the widely known Rosewood v. State of Florida case and on one of the largest housing discrimination cases in the nation.
In 1994, Manuel was appointed as an Assistant Federal Public Defender where he represented clients in federal criminal litigation and appellate work entailing white-collar, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization (RICO), and conspiracy cases. In that capacity, he tried more than thirty cases to verdict and handled numerous evidentiary hearings.
Manuel is a Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney. He is Peer Rated “AV Preeminent” for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence by Martindale-Hubbell and is consistently recognized in the annual Best Lawyers in America, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, and the South Florida Legal Guide as one of Florida’s top personal injury attorneys. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA.)
Manuel is fluent in Spanish, serves as an instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, and has lectured and written articles on various legal topics.
Presently, Manuel is the Board President of Legal Services of Greater Miami and serves on the Professionalism panel for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit. He is Past President of the Miami-Dade Justice Association and has served on the Board of Directors of the Florida Justice Association. Manuel also served on the Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admissions, Peer Review, and Attorney Grievance for the Southern District of Florida.
As a testament to his stellar reputation in the legal community, Manuel was named the 2023 Best Lawyers® Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year” in Miami, Florida. Each year Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” recognizes the individual with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for that specialty and location. In addition, since 2009 Manuel has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, and Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs.
Manuel was selected as a Lifetime Achievement Honoree for South Florida Business & Wealth’s (SFBW) First-Annual 2021 Legal Awards. Since 2006, he has been recognized each year by Florida Super Lawyers® as a Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney and has been listed in the Top 100: Miami Super Lawyers® and Top 100: Florida Super Lawyers® by Super Lawyers® Magazine.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, President
- Miami-Dade Justice Association, Past President
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, Bench and Bar Committee
- Instructor, Litigation, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Instructor, Trial Skills, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Instructor, Proving Damages in a Personal Injury Case, National Business Institute
- Lecturer, Demonstrating the Admissibility of Subsequent Remedial Measures, Florida Justice Association, Workhorse Seminar, 2005
- The Estate of Lidia Giangrandi, by and through Lili Carissa Giangrandi as Personal Representative of the Estate v. 50 State Security Services, Inc. (2011)
- Rosewood v. State of Florida (1994)
- Givens v. Hamlet (1993)