Obtained Over $1 Billion in Settlements & Trial Verdicts
Founding Partner • Miami, Florida • (305) 371-2692
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
J.D. – 1996
Honors: Chair, Law School
Honor Council (1995-96)
Honors: Moot Court Team
- Boston University, Florida State University
B.A. – 1991
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1999
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2003
HONORS & AWARDS
- Best Lawyers in America®, Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiffs, 2014-2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2014-2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Product Liability Litigation- Plaintiffs, 2014-2023
- Distinguished Leader, Daily Business Review Florida Legal Awards, 2021
- Florida Trend Magazine, Florida Legal Elite™, 2010, 2012-2018, 2020, 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Top 100: Miami Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney, 2010-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers®: Rising Stars, 2009
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2005-2021
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
A founding partner of Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum Bluestein, LLP, Dan Dolan provides strategically aggressive advocacy for his clients throughout Florida and across the United States. Focusing his practice on civil trials, with an emphasis on representing the catastrophically injured and the families of those suffering from the loss of preventable deaths, he handles a variety of cases including motor vehicle and trucking accidents, landowner liability, inadequate security, medical and hospital negligence and prescription drug errors.
After spending the first several years of his over 25-year legal career representing doctors, hospitals, corporations and insurance companies, Dan’s familiarity with the methods and strategies used by major corporations in assessing risk and defending lawsuits gives him a unique perspective in fighting against these same industries today. Since 2001, he has recovered over $85 million on behalf of his clients in a wide variety of civil cases.
In 2008, Dan was elected the President of the Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, the largest county-based trial lawyer organization in the State of Florida. An Eagle member of the Florida Justice Association, he was selected to serve as chairman of the Dade County Legislative Recruitment Task Force. In 2004, he was awarded the Association’s Bronze Eagle Award.
Dan was recognized in 2021 by the Daily Business Review as a Distinguished Leader. The Daily Business Review’s Florida Legal Awards recognizes distinguished members of the Florida legal community in assorted areas of the law for their impressive results, professional excellence, and clear leadership skills.
Dan is Peer Rated “AV Preeminent” for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence by Martindale-Hubbell. Since 2002, he has been recognized by the South Florida Legal Guide as one of the region’s leading trial lawyers and has been named in the list of Florida Super Lawyers and to Florida Trend Magazine’s prestigious Florida Legal Elite. In 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021, and 2022 he was voted one of the “Top 100: Miami Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers® Magazine.
Since 2013, Dan has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America®, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. He was also elected a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), widely considered the industry gold standard reflecting jury trial experience and professional reputation. Dan currently serves as Secretary of the Miami Chapter and is in line to be President.
Over the years, Dan has lectured on trial advocacy and litigation tactics to, among others, the American Bar Association, Florida Justice Association, Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, Dade County Bar Association and to law schools. He is actively involved with his law school alma mater, St. Thomas University, where he serves on the university’s Board of Trustees and Chairman of the College of Law board of advisors. Dan dedicated the Ken Feldman Center for Student Affairs with the largest one-time donation by an alumnus in the law school’s history.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Miami Chapter ABOTA, Member, Secretary 2021-22
- Miami Dade Justice Association, President
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, President-Elect
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, Treasurer, 2006 – 2007
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, Secretary, 2005 – 2006
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, Director, 2002 – 2004
- Florida Justice Association, EAGLE member since 2001, Chair Dade County Legislative Task Force, Medical Liability Committee, 2004 Bronze Eagle Award
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The Florida Bar Grievance Committee, 11F Chair (2006-2007), Vice-Chair (2005-2006), Member (2004-2005)
- 11M, Member, 2009
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Coral Gables Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice (Professional Liability section), Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- 5,000 Role Models of Excellence, Member
- Put Something Back, Pro Bono Legal Services, Volunteer
- Community Partnership for the Homeless, Volunteer
- Tropical Pioneers of the Historical Association of South Florida, Board Member, 1999 – 2001
- St. Thomas University, Member, Board of Trustees
- St. Thomas University College of Law, Chair, Board of Advisors
- St. Thomas University College of Law, Student Alumni Council and Dean’s Circle Leadership Council