Obtained Over $1 Billion in Settlements & Trial Verdicts
Founding Partner • Miami, Florida • (305) 371-2692
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida J.D. magna cum laude – 1993
Honors: Freshman Moot Court Champion
Honors: Best Oralist, John Marshall National Moot Court Champion
- Boston University B.A. cum laude – 1990
- Tennessee, 2014
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2003
- New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1994
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
HONORS & AWARDS
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2012-2024
- Best Lawyers in America®, Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiffs, 2012-2024
- Best Lawyers in America®, Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2012-2024
- Distinguished Leader, Daily Business Review Florida Legal Awards, 2023
- Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year,” Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs, Miami, Florida, 2023
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney, 2011-2023
- Florida Trend Magazine, Florida Legal Elite™, 2012, 2014, 2022
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2014-2021
- Recognized in Top Verdicts & Settlements of the Southeast, 2020
- Most Effective Lawyer, Personal Injury, Daily Business Review, 2019
- Most Effective Lawyer, Class Actions, Daily Business Review, 2010
- Most Effective Lawyer, Medical Malpractice, Daily Business Review, 2009
- South Florida Business Journal Key Partner Award, Public Service
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who for Attorneys, 2003 – 2004
- Juvenile Public Defender of the Year, 1994
Over the course of his almost 30-year legal career, Attorney Randy Rosenblum has devoted his career to the cause of justice. He has represented injury and accident victims throughout the State of Florida and the United States.
Randy began his legal career as an Assistant Public Defender with the Broward County Public Defender’s Office in 1993, representing criminal defendants in more than 100 jury and bench trials. In 1994 Randy received the award of Juvenile Public Defender of the Year. In 1996 he became an Assistant Federal Defender with the Federal Defender’s Office for the Southern District of Florida. In this position, he defended clients facing many serious federal criminal charges for narcotics, white-collar crimes, racketeering, conspiracy, and corruption.
After leaving the Federal Defender’s Office, Randy moved to New Jersey where he worked in civil litigation for a prominent New Jersey law firm. While there, he served as co-counsel in a medical malpractice/civil rights case (Kymissis v. Rozzi) that resulted in a jury award in excess of $17 million.
After a few years in New Jersey, Randy moved back to Florida and continued his work in complex civil litigation. He served as lead counsel in the case of Thigpen v. Johnson, securing a jury verdict in excess of $1 million for his client’s claims of intentional infliction of emotional distress, false imprisonment, assault, and battery.
Randy serves as an instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy where he teaches other attorneys the art of litigating a case from its inception through trial. He has appeared on the O’Reilly Factor, MSNBC, and numerous local radio and television stations in connection with his cases.
One of the most visible and decorated attorneys in Florida, since 2012 Randy has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiffs, and Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs. Each year Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” recognizes the individual with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for that specialty and location. Randy was named the 2023 Best Lawyers® Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year” in Miami, Florida.
Additionally, since 2011, Randy has been named as a Top-Rated Personal Injury by Florida Super Lawyers®. Randy has been recognized Florida Trend Magazine’s prestigious Florida Legal Elite for Personal Injury and featured in the South Florida Legal Guide as a Top Lawyer for Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, and Class Actions.
In 2022, Randy won the first billion-dollar punitive damage verdict in the history of the State of Massachusetts in the case of Fontaine v. Philip Morris USA Inc. Additionally, he has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts including the largest product liability verdict in Florida in 2017 ($36 million) in the case of Wallace v. R.J. Reynolds, and the 8th largest product liability verdict in Florida in 2013 ($10 million) in the case of Crawford v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. Along with Firm Partner Manuel Dobrinsky, Randy was elected Most Effective Lawyer by ALM’s Daily Business Review in the areas of Medical Malpractice and Class Action Litigation.
Randy received his Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern Shepard Broad Law Center, magna cum laude, and his Bachelor of Arts from Boston University, cum laude.
Randy has handled cases in Florida, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, California, Massachusetts, and Tennessee.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Lee County Bar Association, Member
- Past President West Section of Broward County Bar Association
- Instructor, Litigation, National Institute of Trial Advocacy