Obtained Over $1 Billion in Settlements & Trial Verdicts
Miami Personal Injury Lawyer
Lawyers Protecting the Seriously Injured in South & Central Florida
Were you injured in an accident? You need a strong, experienced legal advocate on your side. Our Miami personal injury lawyers have recovered more than $100 million in compensation for clients and have secured some of the largest recoveries for personal injury in Florida. Call our personal injury law firm, 305-371-2692, for a FREE consultation.
At Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum Bluestein, LLP, in Miami, our personal injury lawyers represent people throughout South and Central Florida who have suffered serious injuries due to the negligence of others. Whether you were injured in an auto accident, from an unsafe product, from the negligence of a property owner or as the result of medical malpractice, we offer a FREE case evaluation.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Contact Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum Bluestein today
You Deserve Justice
If you were in an accident and escaped unharmed, you should consider yourself fortunate. No amount of money from a lawsuit is worth the pain and emotional trauma of a serious personal injury. If you have suffered a serious injury in Miami, you’ll need the help of the civil justice system.
Contact us to find out how we can help by calling (305) 371-2692.
Receiving compensation following an accident is crucial in recovery. Our team of Miami personal injury attorneys can help you negotiate with insurance companies and others who may be involved in the incident in reaching a full and fair settlement.
We Handle the Full Range of Personal Injury Claims in South Florida
Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum Bluestein, LLP is a Miami-based personal injury law firm devoted to protecting the rights and interests of victims and families throughout South Florida. We are on the side of the people who need help the most—not big corporations or large insurance companies. It is our mission to provide the highest quality of personalized attention to injured victims. Along with other types of accidents, our Miami personal injury lawyers have experience with:
- Car Accidents: Hurt in a traffic collision? You are far from alone. Each year, more than 100,000 people are injured in car accidents in Florida. We handle the full range of motor vehicle accident claims. Call our Miami car accident lawyers today for a free case review.
- Commercial Truck Accidents: Large commercial trucking companies must abide by the highest safety practices. Profits should never come before people. We hold negligent truckers and trucking companies legally liable for accidents that they cause.
- Pedestrian Collisions: As pedestrians are inherently exposed to dangers from outcoming traffic, it is crucial that all motorists take proper safety precautions. Our Miami, FL pedestrian accident lawyers are skilled and effective advocates for victims.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: Were you hurt in a slip and fall accident or a trip and fall accident? A negligent business or negligent property owner may be liable for your damages? Call our Miami slip and fall accident attorneys today to arrange a free review of your case.
- Premises Liability: Businesses and property owners in Florida have a duty to take due care. They may be liable for accidents that happen on their premises if they are negligent. Our Miami personal injury law firms handle all types of premises liability claims.
- Dog Bites: Dog bite injury claims are complicated. It is imperative that you have a Miami dog bite injury lawyer who is knowledgeable and experienced in regards to Florida’s dog bite laws.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors, hospitals, and other health providers are required to take due care. If a patient suffers harm due to the professional negligence of a doctor or other medical provider, they may be liable through a malpractice claim.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits: The loss of a close loved one in an accident caused by recklessness or carelessness is devastating. Families need justice. Our Miami wrongful death attorneys are compassionate, skilled, and experienced advocates for grieving families.
What to Do After a Serious Accident in Miami, Florida
Were you hurt in an accident in Miami? If so, it is essential that you understand what you need to do to put yourself in the best position to bring a successful legal claim. Here are some of the most important things that you should do after an accident in Miami:
- Get Medical Care: Your health and well-being should be your top priority after an accident. To be sure, severe injuries always require emergency care. Though, even non-emergency injuries should still be assessed by a physician. You may be more badly hurt than you realize. In addition to that, you can only bring a personal injury claim if you see a doctor.
- Report the Accident: All serious accidents should be reported to the proper authorities and/or other parties. For example, a car accident should be reported to law enforcement. A slip and fall, to the property owner or property occupier. Make sure you establish a record of the accident by reporting it.
- Document Everything: In Florida, most personal injury claims are at-fault legal cases. In effect, this means that the party who was responsible for causing the accident through their unsafe actions/inactions can be held liable for the damages. Of course, you will need strong and comprehensive evidence to hold a defendant liable.
- Consult With a Lawyer (Before an Insurer): It is imperative to consult with a Miami personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, and can help you navigate the legal process. Be sure to speak to an attorney before giving any official statement to an insurance company.
Common Types of Injuries Sustained in Accidents
A serious injury can change your entire life. In the matter of seconds, you could be left with major medical needs. Our Miami personal injury law firm handles all types of injuries. Regardless of how you got hurt and the severity of your injuries, we are here to help you determine the proper course of action. The following are examples of personal injury claims our lawyer handles:
- Brain injuries: A brain injury can occur even if there is no outward sign of trauma. Family members are often the first to notice symptoms such as personality change, loss of short-term memory, and difficulty following instructions.
- Paralysis: An injury to your spinal cord can result in loss of feeling and movement below the area of damage. In many cases, the loss is permanent.
- Broken bones: Without proper treatment and rehabilitation, a bone fracture can result in loss of mobility and function.
- Amputation: The loss of a hand, foot, leg or arm is traumatic both physically and emotionally.
- Back injuries: While some back injuries get better in time, others can lead to lasting pain that can make it difficult to work and do the things you enjoy.
- Burns: Few injuries are as painful as a severe burn. The victim is often left with disfiguring scars.
- Pharmaceutical liability: Prescription drug errors and unsafe/dangerous drugs can lead to serious adverse reactions and injuries.
- Surgery: If you suffer an injury that requires surgery, it’s important to demand enough compensation to meet your future medical and rehabilitation needs.
- Death & Wrongful Death: We represent family members in cases of fatal accidents.
Replacing Lost Wages
A serious accident that causes catastrophic injuries can take a large toll on your finances. You may be facing significant medical expenses, especially if you have a high-deductible health plan. You may also be missing time at work, resulting in lost wages.
At Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum Bluestein, LLP in Miami, we understand the legal and financial issues you are facing. If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, our attorneys can help you recover the compensation you need to get your life back on track. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss the financial issues you are facing. We represent clients throughout South and Central Florida.
Who Will Replace My Lost Wages?
If you are injured in a car accident in Florida, your personal injury protection coverage (PIP) will pay for 80 percent of your medical bills and 60 percent of your lost wages, up to a maximum of $10,000. However, if you have suffered a severe injury, $10,000 will not go far in paying your bills.
If the accident was caused by someone else, our attorneys can help you seek full compensation for everything you have lost, including current and future lost wages, and loss of earnings potential.
Unfortunately, insurance companies will not pay expenses as you incur them. If they can avoid paying you anything, they will. In the meantime, you will need to find another way to pay your bills until your case is resolved by negotiation or jury verdict. Our lawyers can help you explore your options, such as short- and long-term disability benefits.
Should I Accept A Settlement?
Insurance companies know that you may be under financial pressure. As a result, they may offer a small amount of money to resolve your case. While any amount of money may seem attractive right now, you should not accept less than you deserve. That check will come with a waiver form that will bar you from seeking any future compensation, no matter how serious your injury turns out to be. Before signing that settlement, you should talk to our experienced personal injury attorney to see what options you have.
For More Information About Replacing Lost Wages After An Accident
Call (305) 371-2692, or contact us online to receive answers to your questions about lost wages and other concerns you have about your personal injury lawsuit. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day and we offer home and hospital visits.
Why You Need To Obtain Medical Care
Do not let a lack of health insurance or coverage with a high deductible dissuade you from obtaining the medical care you need. If you discontinue treatment because you think you can’t afford it, the insurance company will assume that you are no longer injured — and offer you less money than you deserve. An even worse consequence is that you may find that your injury leads to a chronic health condition.
Until your personal injury case is resolved, you will need to find another way to pay your medical bills. Your options may include:
- Personal injury protection coverage, which is a part of your Florida no-fault insurance;
- Health coverage through your employer;
- A private health insurance policy;
- Medicare; and
Our attorneys will help you choose the best way to pay your medical benefits. We’ll also negotiate with your health insurance plan so you will end up with the most money left in your pocket after your personal injury case is resolved.
You should never accept an insurance company’s settlement offer without discussing your case with a personal injury lawyer. Once you accept a settlement and sign a waiver, your case is over. You will not be able to request more money later if your injury turns out to be more severe than you thought.
Why Injured Victims Trust Our Miami Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal injury law is complicated. It is normal to feel completely overwhelmed after a serious accident. The stress and confusion can be challenging. Putting the pieces back together often feels like a daunting task. There is good news: It is not up to you to figure out everything alone. At Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum Bluestein, LLP, we hold defendants and insurers accountable. When you get in touch with us at our Miami law office, you will have a chance to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can:
- Answer your questions and explain the next steps in the legal process;
- Investigate your accident and injuries—gathering evidence;
- Handle the key legal paperwork and correspondence from insurers;
- Advocate for your rights and interests in settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a comprehensive legal strategy to help you secure the most compensation.
Our Miami personal injury law firm has a proven record of success handling a wide array of injury and accident claims. With more than $1 billion settlements and verdicts secured on behalf of victims and their families, we get results. You can rely on our personal injury lawyers for personalized guidance and support. Our attorneys put in the time, energy, and resources to help each and every one of our clients get the very best outcome for their case.
Personal Injury Claims in Florida: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I Need a Lawyer?
If you’ve been seriously injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent actions, you almost certainly need an attorney. There are exceptions, of course, and the circumstances surrounding your case will determine the final answer. Our firm offers a free initial consultation so victims of personal injuries can get the answer to this question without risking anything more than a little time to discuss the incident.
The severity of your injuries makes a difference, as does the insurance status of the parties involved in the accident. If you think you don’t need a lawyer because you can negotiate a fair settlement on your own, you should consider the problem from the point of view of the insurance company. It has no reason to bargain fairly with you. It has all the experience and resources on its side. Its adjusters know every trick to give you less than you deserve, and they are not afraid to use them.
How Much Is My Claim Worth?
There is no simple answer to this question. In the best-case scenario, you will be fully compensated for everything you’ve lost. That includes medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and all other economic and non-economic damages. While some of these figures are straightforward, others are not so easily quantifiable. It is vital to present compelling evidence of all the harm you’ve suffered to maximize the compensation you receive following a personal injury.
How Long Will It Take To Receive Full Compensation?
This is another difficult question to answer. It is hard to remain patient while medical bills pile up and you are unable to work. The stress involved is often enough to push an injured person into accepting a settlement offer far below what is reasonable. If your insurance company or the insurance company of the negligent party offers a reasonable settlement, the matter can be concluded in a few months. If a reasonable offer is not forthcoming, it can take longer. At Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum Bluestein, LLP, we focus on resolving each case properly in as little time as possible, but we do not recommend accepting less than you deserve to get a quick resolution. While the decision ultimately belongs to the client, an insufficient settlement can lead to disaster in the long run.
Can I Afford an Attorney?
After a personal injury, the thought of taking on an additional expense can be overwhelming. The financial pressure of an accident is tremendous. Fortunately, personal injury cases are handled on contingency. That means that your attorneys are paid a portion of what they obtain for you. The amount an attorney can take is limited by Florida law. On the plus side, contingency fees ensure that your attorney is motivated to get you all the compensation you deserve. Personal injury victims get the benefit of legal representation and insurance companies are not given free rein to trample the rights of innocent victims.
Get Started Today: Contact Our Miami Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Don’t let negligent acts leave you and your family struggling to recover and sorting through piles of medical bills. Work with our Miami personal injury attorneys. When you work with our team, you’ll receive honest and transparent representation that will help you maximize your compensation for your losses. Call today for a free initial consultation or contact us online through this form. From our Miami law office, we represent injured victims throughout South Florida, including in Miami Beach, Homestead, Fort Lauderdale, Coral Gables, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, and Jupiter.