If you suffered a head and neck injury in an accident, call 305-371-2692, 800-610-9491 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.
Compensation For Head and Neck Injuries
Unfortunately, head and neck injuries remain far too common in South Florida. These injuries can happen in many different situations, from car accidents to slip and fall accidents. Worse yet, when a head or neck injury does occur, it has the potential to be very serious, even catastrophic. In many cases, the injured victim is left dealing with immense pain and suffering and a stack of unpaid medical bills.
In Miami, most personal injury claims are governed by Florida’s comparative negligence standard (Section 768.81). Under this statute, the party who was at fault for the victim’s injuries can be held liable for the victim’s damages. This gives many head and neck injury victims a path to recover financial compensation. However, in practice, actually obtaining full and fair compensation in a Miami personal injury case can be extremely challenging.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Did You Suffer A Serious Injury?
At Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP, our Miami personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling complex head and neck injury claims. We help victims fight for the full and fair compensation that they rightfully deserve. If you or a family member sustained a serious head or neck injury in South Florida, please contact our law firm for a free review of your case.
Common Types of Head Injuries
- Facial lacerations: Severe facial lacerations can occur in many different types of accidents. While some cuts will heal on their own, others require stitches or an invasive operation. Unfortunately, in some cases, facial lacerations can result in long-term disfigurement.
- Eye injuries: With head injuries, there is a major risk of damage to your eyes. Eye injuries can come in many different forms. In the worst cases, a victim may suffer permanent damage to their vision.
- Dental injuries: If you sustain a blow to the head, whether in an auto accident, workplace injury, or a fall, you may end up with serious mouth injuries. Damaged or broken teeth may require extensive dental treatment.
- Concussions: Concussions (traumatic brain injuries) are one of the worst types of head injuries. Not only can brain injuries cause permanent damage, but they are very difficult to diagnose and treat. Brain injuries always require immediate medical attention.
- Skull fractures: A skull fracture is a break in the bone that surrounds your brain. This is a distinct injury from a concussion, though skull fractures and concussions often occur at the same time. Skull fractures always require emergency treatment.
Common Types of Neck Injuries
- Whiplash: Often associated with auto accidents, whiplash is a form of soft tissue damage to the neck area. It occurs when muscles, ligaments, and nerves are ‘whipped’ violently back and forth. Whiplash can be extremely painful and it is notoriously difficult to diagnose.
- Vertebrae or spine damage: Vertebrae and spinal cord injuries sometimes manifest themselves by causing neck pain. These injuries are complex. They require emergency medical attention. You do not want to risk making spinal cord damage even worse.
- ‘Pinched’ Nerves: A pinched nerve causes tremendous, sharp pain to the victim. If you have experienced a pinched nerve, you should get yourself checked out. Though, fortunately, pinched nerves do not always require extensive treatment.
- Repetitive stress injuries (RSIs): Some neck injuries occur gradually over time. These are referred to as repetitive stress injuries (RSIs) or repetitive trauma injuries (RTIs). Often, they are the result of repeated strain in the workplace. An RSI can be incredibly painful, and sometimes even completely debilitating.
Did You Suffer a Serious Head or Neck Injury in Miami?
If you suffered a serious head or neck injury in Miami, Florida, you need to consult with an attorney immediately. You may be entitled to full financial compensation for your damages. Your Miami personal injury lawyer will be able to review your claim under Florida’s comparative negligence statute in order to determine what exactly you need to do to get compensation. For the most part, personal injury claims are defended by large insurance companies. These insurers work aggressively to try to limit the value of head and neck injury claims. You need to work with a Miami head and neck injury lawyer who can help you build a strong case so that you can make a full recovery. We may be able to help you recover compensation for:
- Emergency room fees;
- All other medical bills;
- Physical rehabilitation;
- Mental health counseling;
- Short-term disability (STD);
- Long-term disability (LTD);
- Lost current and future wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and
- Loss of life enjoyment.
Contact Our Miami Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP, our top-rated Florida personal injury lawyers have extensive experience handling head and neck injury claims. If you or a family member sustained a severe head or neck injury in South Florida, please contact us today for a free case review. From our offices in Miami and Fort Lauderdale, we represent head and neck injury victims throughout the region, including in West Palm Beach, Miami Beach, Hollywood, Hialeah, North Miami, and Boca Raton.
For Legal Advice Concerning a Head and Neck Injury
Trusting Words From Our Clients
“I have used Manuel Dobrinsky and he is more than excellent. Great communication. More than effective. It was a fantastic support for me having him during my process. Also I can say the best Lawyer I ever had.”J. Cordero
“I endorse this lawyer's work. Manny is one of the brightest trial attormeys that I know. He is an incredibly hard worker and always strives to achieve the best results for his clients. He excels in the Courtroom as well. I would recommend him without reservation.”A. Weinstein
“The very best there is! Great, talented lawyers, considerate, your best at heart, true human beings.”Y. Garcia