Were You Injured While Visiting Florida?

Dealing with a serious personal injury is difficult enough when it happens at home. It if happens while you are visiting another state or country, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help.

At Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP, in Miami, our lawyers represent people from all over the world who suffer serious injuries in auto wrecks, slip-and-falls, and other accidents while visiting Florida. No matter how you were injured, we offer a free initial consultation.

The following provide answers to questions we often receive from Florida visitors who are injured.

Can I Sue Someone In Florida If I Live In Another State?

If you are injured in Florida, you have access to our civil justice system regardless of where you live. If another person caused your injury, you have the right to seek compensation for damages such as:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Other losses

What If I Live In Another Country?

You have access to our civil justice system even if you are not a U.S. citizen. Our lawyers represent legal immigrants and undocumented visitors who are injured in Florida.

Do I Need A Local Attorney?

If you are injured in Florida, only a lawyer who is licensed in the State of Florida can appear in court on your behalf. A Florida attorney will also be familiar with the laws that exist to protect people who are injured due to the negligence of another.

Will I Have To Return To Florida To Recover Compensation?

Following a serious accident, you will probably be interested in returning home as soon as possible. While you are at home recuperating, our lawyers can handle your legal case on your behalf and communicate with you by phone and email.

In most cases, you will not have to return to Florida to appear in court. We are able to resolve the majority of personal injury cases through negotiations with the insurance company of the at-fault party.

For More Information About Tourist Injuries

If you were injured while visiting Florida, call 786-401-4708, 800-610-9491 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.